Nelson and I just got home from a week’s holiday in Virginia visiting family and friends. We also drove to our favorite town in the Virginia mountains with plans to go hiking and check out the wild ponies at Grayson Highlands State Park.
Friday night we checked into the cutest little hostel in downtown Damascus called “Ruby’s Rest.” We arrived just as the rain and sleet started and snuggled in with books and a bottle of wine and called it a night.
As we jumped in the car to head up to Grayson Highlands the next morning, it continued sleeting and snowing. With several inches of snow accumulating as we drove up in elevation, our excitement increased. Yay for hiking in the snow!
At the parking area at the top of Grayson, our plans collapsed in a heap of whiteness. We could clearly see there would be no hiking today – because we could barely see the top of the hill.
Between the blowing snow, 40 mph wind gusts, and a wind chill that felt cold as you-know-what, we took one look at each other and said, “Forget it.”
We took some pictures, wished the nowhere-to-be-seen ponies well, and pointed the car towards home.
Today, we’ve done some laundry, repacked and are heading to the NC mountains to try again for a New Year’s hiking adventure. Regrouping? You bet!
And while all this has been happening, I’ve been reminding you about my upcoming January retreat. And I realized over the course of the past week, you, too, might have had circumstances which have prevented you from making the decision to join me on Thursday, January 31st for this business-changing retreat.
In fact, me being me, I put together a list. If any of these apply to you, I have great news – I’m extending the deadline to register and receive $250 in savings plus all the goodies, until 5pm EST, Friday, January 4th.
Now, back to this list of reasons you might not have chosen to join me – YET:
- You haven’t read any of my newsletters over the holiday break. That’s fair. Vacation IS supposed to be about rest, relaxation, and being unplugged.
- Because of the holidays, you and business partner aren’t going to see each other until Wednesday, January 2nd. But on January 2nd, you’ll chat with each other about this and decide, “Yes, we definitely want to attend.” Awesome – now you can benefit from the savings and bonuses, too.
- You’re not a business owner. Hmmm…can’t help you with this. Or, I can actually if you’re interested in hanging out your own shingle soon. This could be the perfect opportunity for you to get started on the right foot. Just sayin’.
- Your accountant has told you to hold off on making any more business investments (what he or she calls “expenses”) until after January 1, 2013, in order to take advantage of maximum tax savings. Now, you’ll have four whole days to register and keep your tax accountant happy, too.
- You and I have plans to meet sometime between Wednesday, January 2nd and Friday, January 4th to discuss this retreat. Or you’ll be attending my talk on Thursday. Feels unfair to penalize you due to the crazy holiday schedule this year.
- You procrastinated. Hemmed. Hawed. And just never could decide. And good or bad, now I’m giving you a few more days to think about it. So, I’m asking you to really think about. To not delay. I know you’ll make the right decision for the healthy, prosperous future of your business.
This January retreat has been created exclusively for you and your business partner (if you have one). After working with over a hundred business owners over my 10 years in business, I can literally see where you’re stuck. And this retreat is the perfect opportunity to get “unstuck” so you can have your best year in business ever.
More time, more energy, more money. Less chaos, less stress, and less re-inventing the wheel in business day after day.
Click here to claim your seat right now. And seats are limited, so please don’t delay.